1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

newby question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RickP47, Aug 30, 2008.

1. RickP47

RickP47

Jun 21, 2008
    Excuse me if this question has been asked a million times bfore.I am just starting out playing bass ( been a drummer for almost 40 years) and I have recently purchased a Fender squier vintage modified jazz bass and I am looking for a nice inexpensive amplifier to use at home for practicing.can anyone recommend any brands and models ? I am looking for something around the $200.00 range.

Thanks

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Acoustic B20. A little low on wattage, but huge in tone.

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    That's a good suggestion by JimmyM but shop around, a lot. There are tons of practice combo's and also headphone amps. Many have a cd input so you can play along with/learn songs. Some double as useful keyboard amps and/or have lineouts to run it into a PA system if you get a gig and don't have a big rig yet, etc.

Enjoy...there are more different types and brands of bass gear now than there's ever been.