NFL Sunday Ticket

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by D M C, Sep 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    I don't have it because I don't have direct tv or a game console. I know that the NFL offers a package where you can watch the games in their entirety the next day, but why won't they offer a same day streaming package, like HBO or Netflix, etc. do? By restricting Sunday Ticket to direct tv and game consoles it seems like they're leaving money on the table.

Any thoughts?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    They can have their money.
    If I feel like watching an NFL game, whatever the free one is works for me.

-Mike

3. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I got radio and the newspaper on Monday morning. Now get offa my sidewalk.

Passinwind likes this.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I have direct tv and I cancelled the Sunday Ticket last year it was over $60 dollars a month for the entire season. The only good thing about the Sunday Ticket is the Red Zone which you can't get separate with direct tv so I got a free trial of Sling which has the Red Zone worked great this past Sunday.

5. D M C

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    I live in Columbus, within 150 miles of 5 NFL franchises. Loyalties are generally divided amongst three of them, the Browns, Bengals and Steelers, in that order, and all in the AFC north. As they frequently play in early games and play the same teams season to season, often one of the teams' games is not televised. It shouldn't be made that difficult to watch the team you support week in and week out, should it?

Gaolee likes this.
  6. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Then you know where Blacklick is. I grew up a Browns fan and watched Leroy Kelly and Bill Nelson play the one game I ever got to in about 1968 or so. I was very young at the time, but it means I hope the Browns do well someday. But I have been converted to being a Seadorks fan. Same with baseball. Growing up with the Big Red Machine and then living in NYC in the 1980s would make it tough to root for another NL team. Fortunately, or unfortunately, the Mariners are an AL team. So I'm converted.

7. D M C

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    i know where Blacklick is. I've played golf at Blacklick back in my golfing days - ah, good times.
    Anyway, your point sort of makes mine. I could easily be a fan of any of the teams and watch all of their games, but I can't because the local Fox and CBS affiliates rotate the games among the teams, so that none of them have all their games televised. On the Sundays that the Browns aren't on the tube, I have to go to a bar to watch the game and I'd just rather not. Why not give me the option of watching the game I want to watch w/o having to use direct tv?

8. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I am outraged!!! You have to go to a BAR to watch football? Horrors!!!

9. D M C

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    Oh you are not, you big silly!

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I have the Sunday Ticket, as I figure the entire year is cheaper than going to one game. When the contract renewed, DISH bid up the contract on purpose to where it became painful for DirecTV to win the bid (I have an insider). But DirecTV has a LOT riding on that package, so they had to win.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022