NFL Week #3

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

They think he may only be out game or two. It's not as bad as originally thought.

2. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
  3. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What the?
    I had surgery to repair a torn meniscus when I was playing high school football (1988). I practiced the next week, and played a game 10 days later. I could have played sooner, but my mom wouldn't let me.
    My tear must have been less severe than Adrian's.
    That is a major bummer.

-Mike

5. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

Agreed.

Injuries are quickly changing the complexion of the season, and that's a shame. NE, Cleveland, MN, and a couple of others. Teams that had an opportunity to shine. I don't root for them, but I hate to see it nonetheless.

Next man up is one thing, and a good football team is built on depth and coaching, but when you're looking at your third string QB and recruiting for Game 3, that is hard on a team in many respects.

I expect NE to escape relatively unscathed.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  6. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hapless is a good word for them. It almost seems like the media guys have run out of ways to say we stink.
    But, hope springs eternal in the breast of a Browns fan. Hey, we're almost halfway through our 40 years of wandering in the NFL desert, so we have that going for us. Which is nice.

47th Street likes this.
  7. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Well, you weren't thinking about extending your pro career for as long as possible. Also, maybe, just maybe, thinking about how it would be pretty sweet to line up with Tom Brady in front of you for one last chance at a ring. Maybe.

8. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    The team I grew up rooting for is in Baltimore and they are not so hapless. The abomination in Cleveland is the team I currently root for, sad to say.

Kawai-chang likes this.
  9. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hmm....just throwing this out there: Vikings need an LT to protect Mr. Glass, Browns are going with the youth movement......

10. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

They are becoming the NFL's Cubs.

Kawai-chang likes this.
  11. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Chris Fitzgerald likes this.
  12. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    Browns rookie WR, Corey Coleman has a broken hand... Seems about right.

13. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    And I'll say it again. Jay Cutler is just a mopey version of Jeff George: a journeyman quarterback with a rocket arm, but not a true leader. Agree that the Bears need a knuckle dragger in the backfield.

47th Street and GregC like this.
  14. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Yay us!!

15. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Raiders need to tighten up the D or its gonna be another long season..Arizona looks good...

16. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    I wonder why Aaron Rodgers has been playing so lousy, going back to last season. His throws have been way off target. Cannot blame it on an injury.

17. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    As a Florida alum, I'd like to see Jacoby Brissett do well tonight. I thought he got a raw deal at UF. OTOH, I'd like to see JJ Watt rip Blount in half.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  18. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I was thinking the same thing Greg. I hope Jacoby shines tonight, and Muschamp is watching.

-Mike

19. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    NFL Thread peeps : tonight's game is streaming live on Twitter in HD. Cool!

20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Step aside Tom Brady, there's a new QB in town and he can run.

-Mike

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021