NFL Week 9

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jazzin', Nov 1, 2005.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Falcons > Dolphins
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Colt > Pats

If there was ever a year to shake off their curse this is it.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This week begins the Steelers adventure into the NFC North, they play all four teams. I'm definitely looking for the Steelers to win. Until he is dead, I'm not going to count Brett Favre out though. This is a tougher-than-it-looks game for Pittsburgh.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...besides, I'm going to be watching the game with Jive, and I need 'em to give me something to bug him with...

Saints > Bears
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Cheeseheads could've beaten the Kitties. Favre's 5 picks didn't help them one iota though.
  6. Jazzin'

I disagree.
  7. Hopefully Ben plays, as there's some doubt about his health in the Steel City at the moment. I think he'll play, but if he doesn't, it'll be Chaz Batch. I feel much better about Batch than Maddox, but I'm still concerned about the whole thing.

A steady dose of Parker and Bettis should be too much for the Pack, in any case.
  8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeppers. I think the Ravens defense is much better than Green Bays. Bettis, Parker, and Hayes carved them up pretty well.

I briefly heard about Ben's injury today. Is it really that serious?

10. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
  11. I don't think it's serious, but there is the possibility that he might sit in an attempt to get well. Makes you wish the Steelers would have gotten a later bye week.

Here's ESPN's take:
  12. Jazzin'

Steelers will win anyways, come's the Packers.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, but as long as Bret Favre is playing, I'm not going to count them out. He can throw five TD's as easily as he threw five picks.

14. Well, Ben isn't playing, but I still expect a win.

Hopefully he's back for the Cleveland game, I'll be at Heinz Field for that one and I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get to see him play.
  15. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    OK, Im leaving for Lambeau EARLY tomorrow morning (after a gig tonight God help me). Everyone look for me on TV. I'll be the drunk guy with the Packer gear on.
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Whether it's close, a blowout, done with finnesse, pretty, or ugly, an arena passion play, the Hail Mary!, the fluke play, the great return run for a TD, the game that's supposed to count, the game that may get the coach fired, the season making play, will the unknown rookie quantity finally shine(?), the injured superstar vainly 'layin' it on the line', or making the highlight reel...

the Lion's will still lose.
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Welcome back Duce Staley!! Man, he looked good today. Fresh legs at week nine is just great.

Take note NFC North......the Steelers are going to show all y'all how to play some defense, and smashmouth football. Reserves or starters, it doesn't matter. Although it would be cool to see Charlie Batch engineer a win over the Lions!!

18. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Good steelers defense today. We're just plain bad.
  19. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    I predicted at the beginning of September in an e-mail to several friends, before the regular season started, that the Pack would finish 3-13 in dead last in the NFC North. As much as it pains me to say so, it's coming true - except in looking at their schedule, I'm not sure which two remaining games they'll win. :(

This from a lifelong Packers fan, back in the days of Starr, Dowler, Kramer, Gregg, McGee, et. al.

Man, this sucks!
  20. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Well Gard.......

Looks like a signature change is due.
    It will read like this:

"I hang my head low for I am a Saints fan.
    The Bears are a much better team.
    I am not worthy to carry Jive1's jock"

First down, Gard. Next it's Cheezewiz.