Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by page, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Any one digging this emerging subgenre? I think it's a sub genre. Im really digging Horse the Band. The Advantage is pretty cool too. Any other bands that use these spazzy synths and nintendo sounds?

more later.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Horse the band needs a neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew singer. BUT on that note, I was riding my bike to R.Borax and I felt like the trainer from Punchout... especially because I was chasing some white kid who was wearing a hoodie.

3. I actually like the singer, but his lyrics suck .
  4. There's a band 'round these parts called Game Over who are Nintendocore, although without synths, I think it's the lyrical content that counts...I think their page is
  5. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
  6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm pretty sick of the suffix "core" added to every word.

7. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

You have at least one ally here.

[...and that comes from a NES fan!!!]
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Actually, my band King Bowman minus me, plus a keyboard player was a band called Nemo. They did like... atari metal, it's so weird. They need to reunite as a side project, they were pretty amazing. Atari Grind? NESGrind? It was Grind based for sure. Programmed drums, spacey effects, it was weeeeiiirrdd.
  9. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    Horse the band is hysterical. Immense defecation of the Buntaloficcus is the best driving song ever.
  10. Nuk3m

Sep 18, 2004
    Down Under
    Machinae Supremacy specialize in the old commedore 64 sounds, they kick some ass. Except the lead singer he sucks but they do alot of instrumentles
  11. jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
  12. Adding core to the end of a genre of music just adds the hardcore influence. Nintendo core is ok...there are a few things that really ruined it for me, such as the locust who is a grindcore version of nintendocore... They completely suck...

I am all for synths and junk, but distorted vocals gets my heart pumpin..

13. Nintendocore is pretty noticable... It sounds like they took old nintendo games or N64 games or arcade cames and wrote a riff around them. Nintendo core has a LOT of synth. Between the buried and me is more of death metal/math metal/metalcore. I havent heard Arms are Snakes yet, but I will tell you if they are nintendocore when I hear them. There arent to many nintendocore bands yet...until it hits big and everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but when that day hits everything is going to sound the same...

Horse the band is pretty much all synth and keys...I think it gets old though because the keys blend in with the guitar too much... I do love them though...
  14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The singer for Horse the Band played with a hard-on most the night, pissed himself on stage, and was pretty much weird as !#$%.

Their bass player had a dead cable so I let him take one of mine and I got a free CD out of it.

I really cant think of too many good things to say about them though. The music got really old really fast.