Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nirvana Nevermind DVD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 43% burnt, May 6, 2005.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Just saw it last night. Very cool documentery on the writing, recording, and general phenominon of the classic album Nevermind. Very cool viewing for any musician. Fan or not. If you get a chance check it out. If you've seen it, post some of your thoughts.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Is that a new DVD or something old you came across?

3. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    New...I believe it just came out.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Is it after the fact documentation or live video from the recording sessions?.

5. Do you mean the one that comes in the box set?

That one's OK, but it gets a bit boring. The sound is also pretty terrible, but it's cool to see them jamming and a bit of the early evolution of the band. Cool to see Dave Grohls first show too.

If that's not the one you mean - nevermind. No pun intended.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I was reffering to the Nevermind DVD, is this like classic albums?.

7. From what I was reading on Amazon, it's just recent interviews and such with many of the principals in the making of Nevermind. Not footage of the making of Nevermind, not music videos of the songs off Nevermind, just a sort of the "Anthology" of the making of Nevermind.

A few years ago, I recorded at Smart Studios in Madison WI where Bleach (or parts of it) were recorded (and Butch Vig's studio). It was a 2 hour or so drive there and I had to really go to the bathroom as soon as I got there. As I'm relieving myself, I thought "Kurt Cobain pissed in this toilet." :p

8. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Its mostly after the fact. But it was put together very well. With alot of cool live footage. The coolest thing IMO, is with Butch vig in the studio talking about how each song was recorded. He goes though and actually switches on/off some of the tracks so you can hear each element individually. I features alot of good comments w/ Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic. No courtney love bull-crap, it just focuses on the making of that album.