1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nnoooo, Guitar center up the street.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pappabass, May 6, 2017.

1. I am not fortunate to live close to a guitar center. Maybe that is a good thing! I am visiting my daughter & grandchildren, just saw the guitar center right up the street....I better not go, I recently picked up another Fender p & amp....too much temptation !

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    bassestkkm, Helix, dbase and 3 others like this.
  2. Sell the car. Buy a unicycle. Problem solved. ;)

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Go on in. All the cool kids are doing it.

Helix, dbase, jmattbassplaya and 2 others like this.
  4. Cool kids are not married & have to explain why they need more than 2 basses & 3 amps!!

5. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    Grandkids need basses, right?

6. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Go... to... Guitar... Center....

GOOOO.... TOOO..... GUITAAARRRR.... CENNNTTERRRRR......

juvia_hypnosis_2_by_hypnoticscythe-d7yvqc5.

pappabass, S-Bigbottom, ONYX and 7 others like this.
  7. Back in December I stood in Sam Ash & told myself smugly that I won't ever come back there...
    Today I'm driving to GC (right next door to S.A.) to return a faulty bass they delivered me, and while I'm there I will check out what's available at both stores.
    Doubtful I'll make a purchase though, just curious.

Helix, dbase, Papalampraina and 2 others like this.
  8. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Music stores and hobby shops.

Before i go in either i count my money so I'll know what my upper spending limit is so i don't take more to the register than i can pay for

47th Street likes this.
  9. I spent a total of 30 minutes at GC & Sam Ash, part of which was the time it took to return the faulty bass GC sent me.
    Once I got to Sam Ash this feeling sort of overwhelmed me that I have no business buying another instrument.
    I also hate crowds & it was crowded in GC & SA, so I bolted for home.

10. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    I just picked up a new (to me) vehicle, a 2003 Toytota Prius. I travel quite a bit during the week job related, and the vehicle is such a gas meiser (45-50 mph) I'm saving wads of money on gas now. Enough money that I can afford a 200.00 preamp by the end of the month just from gas savings.

So the new saying in my world;

Save gas, buy gear.

Ender_rpm, seang15, happycat and 4 others like this.
  11. All glory to the Hypnotoad

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette1.wikia.nocookie.net%2Faliens%2Fimages%2F0%2F0b%2FHypnotoad.

12. Thumpin6string

Thumpin6string Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Come on, everyone is doing it. It will make you feel good. You'll get a feeling of euphoria. What, are you chicken?

They call me the pusher!

pappabass and hrodbert696 like this.
  13. Sure we are. ;)

JGbassman and AztecViking like this.
  14. Think of it as investing your money into a quality instrument that will only appreciate in value over time. So eventually when you're gone, the grandkids can sell it and possibly fund their college education or help them buy their first house.

If you play it in the meanwhile, what's the harm in that? ;)

15. JGbassman

May 31, 2011
    And seriously, where else are you going to find a Squier bass?

But only buy one after slapping on it for fifteen minutes first.

;)

pappabass likes this.
  16. JGbassman

May 31, 2011
    Just tell her that if you have to explain it to her, she is too old.

And when she gets angry, put a towel over her shoulders and say, "now you are Supermad"

Wives love that.

17. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    If you need excuses, Im sure we all would be more than happy to help:hyper::thumbsup:

18. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    A drink at the bar... ride the unicorn's horn... your problem may not be solved, but you're definitely not going to think about it...

19. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Spec, after looking into Hyp Toad's eyes, I feel I either have to buy a UFO, or what represents a car on one of the 'Price Is Right' games...

ak56 and Spectrum like this.
  20. I live in Amsterdam, and cycling is saving me a FORTUNE that mostly goes on effects pedals.

bassestkkm and Spidey2112 like this.