Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No Doubt - It's My Life

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by fastplant, Nov 11, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Any tab for this, seems pretty repetative for the most part, but again, I'm at work with no bass to figure it out :( Thanks!

2. EddieS

EddieS

Feb 27, 2003
    Toronto
    This song is a remake, so it shouldn't be to hard to find the original version. I doubt the bassline will change much.

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    That's a remake? Who did the original? I'm not a fan of No Doubt at all, but I really like that song.

4. Talk Talk did the original back when they were just another New Romantic synth-pop band.

Supposedly, Talk Talk's later, post-cocaine/lipstick albums are just amazing. I need to check them out sometime.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yup - "The Colour of Spring" is one of my all-time favourite albums - a "must-have"!!

I still play it a lot - although their other albums faded with time - this has some great tunes and a unique instrumental approach.

6. Laughing Stock constantly gets cited as one of the most influential albums of the past 15 years, the Forever Changes of its era. I need to check it out.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Nah - too far down the minimalist/ambient road that Hollis wa pursuing - just not enough substance! Colour of Spring was definitely their finest hour!!

8. I would like the tab for the new No Dout song Its My Life. My band has just started to learn the song and i am having trouble finding the groove. It has a good one too.

:confused:

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Bump for the person who just requested this song. :)

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I like No Doubt's version, but I really like the original. I heard it the other night on an Eighties Flashback radio program. I didn't remember ever hearing it when it was new (back in the day).

11. JustSoYouKnow

JustSoYouKnow

Aug 30, 2002