Non active MM's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shearstown, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    Are there any non active pickup/preamp Musicman's? I've been thinking about getting a Stingray (or Rickenbacker) after I upgrade my Rig. Are all Stingray's active? Becasue I prefer passive myself and would like to avoid actives. Any help appreaciated.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    I think I'll pass on that one... But is the bass being active a problem for any lazy people. What is the battery life like? And how well do the basses slap out of curiosity?
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not a problem , the battery lasts upwards of 6 months.

All musicman basses slap amazingly. Best slap tone out there IMO.
  5. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    Well if the battery life is good for someone lazy like me then it shouldn't be a problem.
  6. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I would change the battery in my MM Sterling once a year and I never had any problems.
  7. Well, actually I can´t remember the last time I changed it in my Sterling. And, the battery dont just die... before that the bass starts to distort a little when played hard. But change it once every (other) year and youll be fine!
  8. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    What kind of battery does it take? And while i'm at it who are some notable Stingray players excluding flea?
  9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's a 9V battery in an easy access compartment in the back.

The battery lasts forever. Unplug the cable from the bass when you are done playing and it will last forever and a day.

The Ray and the Sterling are set up real well for slapping. Look at that real estate between the pup and the neck for you to play on.