Norman Acoustic guitar in Toronto

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Milothicus, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Not a bass, but stolen none the less.....

My Norman B-20 (6) acoustic guitar was stolen either last night or this morning from near College and University. It's got a Fishman Prefix pickup in it. It's 8 years old, and showing its age. there's a particularly deep scratch above the endpin.

It was concealed in the car, so I suspect the perp was going for a box of empty beer bottles feeling hopeful. the car's 18 years old and doesn't promise to hold i hope it turns up in a pawnshop soon.

it's not worth a huge amount financially, but sentimentally it's priceless, and i've never played a g**tar i liked more.

let me know if anyone sees it.
  2. Update: the cops had the guy and let him walk away.

some of toronto's finest were in an adjacent parking lot and saw the guy taking the guitar. they stopped him, and he said the guitar was stolen from him by a guy living a couple of doors down and he was taking it back. they went to the house he pointed to and talked to the guy there. he, of course, had no idea what they were talking about, and in the mean time, the guy walked away with my guitar.

they didn't check id, they didn't check car ownership, they didn't question the fact that he's inside a car with a broken window.

guess how much faith i have in the police now.