not flubbing up a blues jam

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by JoeNage, Aug 1, 2013.

1. JoeNage

JoeNage

Sep 18, 2009
    I usually post with problems or questions, but this time it is to share a good experience. Last jam went very well. (I was even playing with the guitarist who had been disappointed with me in past.)

We did a straight 8ths rock and roll tune, a funk blues, and "The Killing Floor." The dance floor was packed, including three young woman in summer dresses who were not really dancing with each other, but groovin' and looking up at the stage.

As a middle aged dad and husband, this never happens in my daily life: beautiful women looking towards me and shaking their bodies in response to something I am doing. I'm not going to go anywhere what that, but YIKES! I might should have pickup up this bass guitar thing about 40 years ago.

2. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Seeing people dance to the music that I'm helping make is one of my favorite things about playing. Good work.

3. zenman

zenman

Jan 30, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Nicely done sir. Playing bass, it's not just about the music...

4. zphreaky1

zphreaky1 Far from good

Apr 25, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Very cool. Thanks for the update. I remember the post on the jam that didn't go this well for ya. Nice to see results on our efforts ain't it ;)

5. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    Well done. Remember, it's better on the bottom

6. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Bass is what makes the ladies dance!!!!!!!!

7. zphreaky1

zphreaky1 Far from good

Apr 25, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Fo sho

8. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Excellent!!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021