Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

notes below the Low B

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Oct 2, 2005.

Notes below the Low B

Poll closed Oct 9, 2005.
  1. Yes I can

65.3%
  2. No I can not

24.8%
  3. I'm not sure

9.9%
  1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    This is for those who may be interested in participating.this poll originates from the thread Hearing below the Low B debate.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/jauqo

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Yep. Currently tuned to low "G" with my Dingwall & Zon. LOVE it, as does the crowd/fans/spectators...

~S~

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Damn it, it's dead Jim!!

Hey JAUQO,

Don't you think it's about time to give this topic a proper burial and let's all head over to the bar for a cold one??

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

why should I,it's not bothering anyone and plus this is what tB is for and about.with all due respect I wouldn't ask you to cut your thread.but when it finally die's down(and I'm sure it will) maybe we can go have a drink(you a Beer and me some kind of juice)if you're still up for it?

5. In my personal opinion, I like, and can perceive the low notes, but only for so long. For instance, my ear gets tired of listening for the notes down that low for a long period of time. Don't take this the wrong way. I really like the sound of the way low register, but only for so long.

6. Aerolithe

Aerolithe

Jan 23, 2005
    Columbia, MO
    I didn't know there was any debate on this subject. Low B is about 30 Hz, humans generally hear down to 20 Hz (which is an E an octave below the E on a bass), and even if you can't hear it, you'll definately feel it (provided a good sound system) and there will be plenty of harmonics that will make it obvious what note is being played. Whats the argument about?

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205069

Have fun!!

:)

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Well as it stands, 65% of voters can indeed hear the low notes. Quite frankly, I don't see how you can't when most people can easily hear the low C# on a piano. Um, not that the low C# on a piano is the same note or anything.

;)

10. Even my old ears can hear them. However, I seldom want to. I prefer Picasso's "Blue Period". I can still see the later things he painted, but I don't enjoy them and would not pay money to see them. I enjoy Bird, but Coltrane is pushing it and Sun Ra is over the line, but I can hear them all.