1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

now what?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zraigy7, Aug 31, 2008.

1. zraigy7

zraigy7

Aug 24, 2008
    mobile
    ok so for the past few days i have been trying to teach myself how to read music like notation and all that. I have been using the website studybass.com. I can read tabs easily,i know the notes on the bass fretboard like on the E string it goes to F then F#(Gb)G,G#(Ab), A, A#(Bb), B, C, and so on i know those on all the strings. also, if im correct the bass vlef notes are pretty much the natural notes like A,B,C,D,E,F,G right? if so i know those pretty well too. also i was just practicing plucking exercises and it hit me. I knew how to read this much of notation at least. http://www.studybass.com/lessons/bass-technique/plucking/exercises/ from off the top of my head i can ready pitch,standard and rythmatic(still needs a lil work) pretty well. on rythmatic notation i just am having trouble with the 8ths,16ths and all that. but i do have a general idea of what it means. I was wondering what should i learn next? is it chords? study bass is too confusing with chords for me. also as a bass player would i play each note of a chord seperatley or all together? what do you think i should work on next? i also want to find a way to play a few songs instead of tabs. what would that be? also if this is in the wrong section please move it.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Scales. All of them. Backwards and fowards.

3. zraigy7

zraigy7

Aug 24, 2008
    mobile
    no1 elses has any more info?