NPBD Fender PJ Build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hopwheels, Jan 30, 2017.

1. hopwheels

hopwheels Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    New parts bass day! Well actually finished yesterday. Finally got around to finishing this build. I had bought a B. Hefner swamp ash body which is taking forever me to finish in a way I'm happy with (tru-oil yearghhh! but that's another topic).

So a couple weeks ago I saw a special on this swamp ash body at Warmoth and decided to grab it and finish this build. The neck is a Fender USA 2016 neck, Aguilar PJ pickup set, and Babicz bridge (which is an amazing piece of engineering). Body was 4lbs 13oz. This thing will take a really low set up and the neck feels and plays really well. Anyhoo...here are the pics.

Malak the Mad and A-Step-Towards like this.
  2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Right on, congrats!

hopwheels likes this.
  3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Looks great!

hopwheels likes this.
  4. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    I SO want one like that (but with an extra string) to replace my Squier PJ 5.

5. I wish fender could learn how to just make a nice passive production PJ like this , looks sweet

hopwheels likes this.
  6. hopwheels

hopwheels Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    This sat in the mix beautifully tonight at rehearsal. Got compliments on the tone(s) and look from my band mates. My new number one.

Attached Files:

Crusher47 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022