1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

NPD: 3rd Octave Pedal in a Year

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tyohars, Aug 24, 2020.

1. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Never bother to have an octave pedal until last year. I'm starting with Mooer Tender Octaver but it only last few weeks (sold it for more than I pay). After that, I'm not convinced to bought another octave pedal. Finally, few months ago, I give a shoot for TC Electronics Sub n' Up. After few months, it can't give me the sound I'm picturing in my head, so sold it. Two days ago I've got a chance to buy Boss OC-2 (MIJ and MIT), finally yesterday I pull the trigger on MIT one because it's $20 cheaper. It arrived today, and after work, I play it for an hour. The sound was good, even the oct 2 that people don't use much. The only thing I want to ask is, I run the OC-2 with Hyper Luminal before it. Why it's distorted my signal? Overall, it might be a keeper and my journey to find octave pedal is done.

Attached Files:

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Try reducing your output setting on the compressor. Sounds like you're overdriving the OC-2. It’s an old pedal design. I’m guessing what you’re feeding it is too hot for it’s input stage. Most pedals from that era weren’t designed with the expectation of a boosted signal coming into them.

xI Jonathan Ix likes this.
  3. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Thanks, done that and much better now. I think it'll much better with my passive Pbass

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021