1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Clark W, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    So I added a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus to my "Portable" recording studio arsenal today.

I didn't necessarily buy it to use with my bass. I've been in two recording projects this year with guitarists who just don't have the arsenal of pedals they really need for the music we have been doing, flanger, phaser, delay, chorus, etc...

So I have been adding pedals to my collection just to have either for myself, or for any need that might arise out of a recording session.

But with that said, has anyone used this chorus pedal with a bass?
    If so, what are your thoughts?

I have a recording session later today, it's 3am as I write this, we'll start setting up at 11am and go to 7 or 8pm. So I'll probably get a chance to give the pedal a whirl for myself. But at some point today I know I will be hooking it up to a Strat for the guitarist and my play time with it on bass will be over for the day.

Boss_Chorus.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I have an older analog CH-1 (pink label) that I got about 30 years ago, and I've always thought it sounds very good with a bass, even better when you run it in stereo (obviously). Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to compare it with a later digital CH-1. Report back later with what you think of it.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021