NRD - Univox UB-250

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    1974 Univox UB-250 in real nice condition. All original, but missing the cab logo and the speaker had seen its better days. I ordered a new 4 ohm Eminence Delta 15LF from Parts Express and a few days later, it was here. Installed the Delta and hooked up the somewhat anemic (20 watts RMS) head. Sounded OK for what it is. I then used a new Fender Rumble 500 head with the cab. Holy smokes - way better than I had believed that little cab would be capable of. I also experimented with a couple of insulation scenarios, but found the cab sounded best just like it came, no insulation. Then came the final touch. Locating a logo emblem for the cab. I found one on Ebay, but the seller was wanting $40 for it. I considered that, but just had a hard time justifying spending that amount when I paid less than double that for the whole rig. So then along comes a true TB gem, laughing house. He told me that he had one of those emblems and would send it to me. It arrived Wednesday and thanks to laughing house, I've now installed the emblem completing this cool little Univox rig. Bedroom practice with the Univox head or rattle the windows and dishes with the Fender Rumble head. Versatility! Kudos to laughing house for being such a help in my need. :)

Here we go -

Attached Files:

2. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Life is short, buy the bass. Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    My first bass amp, unremarkable in every way lol. I recently bought one off craigslist to complete my "early years collection ". Congrats on your find.

Birdbrain, Basshappi and Oren Hudson like this.
  3. I love my '71 U1561

Oren Hudson likes this.
  4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Love to see pics!

godofthunder59 likes this.
  5. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Congrats!
    The UB-250 was my first bass amp.

Oren Hudson likes this.
  6. godofthunder59

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Here you go! A recreation of my first stack, I doubt the extra cab improved performance. It's fun to have around though. 20180126_070359.jpg

laughing house and Oren Hudson like this.
  7. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Cool! How did you do both cabs at the same time, so sort of splitter?

godofthunder59 likes this.
  8. godofthunder59

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    I use a home made Y cord, not sure how that works with impedance.

9. My first as well! I graduated to a Vox Westminster 2-4x12 cabs. It was huge for a 16 year old! ( west_stak.jpg The pic is not mine)

Oren Hudson and godofthunder59 like this.
  10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Your vintage amp collection is getting pretty serious, Oren! What all do you have now?

11. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Yes Jimmy, it's quite voluminous (pun intended.) I'll work on a list and post it up sometime soon. :)

JimmyM likes this.
  12. two cab ub250.jpg

Oren Hudson and godofthunder59 like this.
  13. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
  14. These rigs always look super cool :). I'd love to see one with the logo for some old Atari have screen-printed on the grill. Maybe Yar's revenge or Centipede

15. They are Guangdong speakers made in China. They make speakers for a lot of different manufacturers.

Oren Hudson likes this.
  16. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC

Cool. Thanks again for being so generous in providing me with the emblem for mine! :)

laughing house likes this.