1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NS Design WAV 4 (Slightly Used)

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by sterlingpriceix, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is unfortunate but I have to sell my NS Design WAV 4 (Transparent Red Finish) after only a couple of months. I recently hurt my shoulder and am not only hurting for money (thanks US healthcare system) but will be unable to play upright comfortably for at least 6 months to a year and the NS Design is just too damn tempting.

My Wav 4 is like new condition except for the aforementioned cosmetic flaws on the side of the body opposite the control knobs and some minimal string wear on the fretboard. I will be borrowing a friends digital camera and will have pictures posted shortly. The strings have even been worn in a bit so it doesn't have the obnoxious bright tone that it sometimes has right out of the box.

This bass also includes the standard tripod stand in the flat black finish and the gig bag, both in like new condition.

I am putting out an $850 OBO price tag that does not include shipping. I will work shipping out with the buyer since there are multiple options for shipping it including insurance and packing materials. I am not planning on scalping price on the shipping and the buyer will only pay what I pay (I can provide copies of the shipping receipt if necessary).

Payment can be arranged in a variety of ways including PayPal (although I would prefer to avoid it if possible, I've had problems in the past). I will also accept a personal or certified check as long as I can wait to ship it until after I have cashed the check. If you decide to buy I can assure you I will do anything to expedite the process. As I mentioned before, I need the money because I recently hurt my shoulder and am unable to work and have medical bills piling up.

I love this bass and to reiterate, the only reason I'm selling it is because the doctors say it will likely be 6 months to a year before I can comfortably play upright again without the risk of injury and the temptation is too great :). I'm a lifelong bass player and would like to give someone a good deal on a great bass. Let me know if you have any questions.

Feel free to contact me via e-mail at
    sterlingprice.ix@gmail.com

Thanks a lot guys, I used this forum to research this bass and it ultimately contributed to me purchasing this fine instrument so I would love to give back by offering it up here before I'm forced to lesser avenues of sale (i.e. Ebay).

2. oh wow... i feel for your pain, and Im actually looking into becoming an upright bass player... im aiming for the lower end, because it is my first. What area are you in? I wouldnt mind a face to face ordeal if the distance is reasonable

3. I'm in the Northwest, Bellingham, WA to be specific.

4. Just a generic picture of the bass

[​IMG]

Ok it's really hard to see but if you see the light refracting in a little circle just to the left of my finger you can see that is the small dent. It is just barely deep enough to put the tip of my fingernail in and the damage is only on the coating and doesn't expose any wood. It's on the side of the instrument so it is very difficult to notice unless you are looking for it. The dent with the light refracting is just to the right of the second dent, which is difficult to see in this picture.

[​IMG]

This picture is a little bit more clear of the second dent you can see a slight indentation and then another one just a little bit below and to the left.

[​IMG]

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    PM sent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.