1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NS design.

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by el jeffe bass, Apr 6, 2015.

1. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    I would love to be able to play a traditional upright bass but due to a pretty good case of Multiple sclerosis playing while standing or carrying a full sized bass is out of the question. I have kind of landed on the NS design NXT electric upright. My question is, can it be adjusted to sit low enough to play while sitting on a low stool or chair. Also, would it sound good for old school blues. I appreciate any advice that you could give.

2. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    Sure - if it's hardware is like my NS-CR it's just a cymbal stand - might need to remove one tube or get a different one that's shorter but they're inexpensive

You know what? Send me a PM so we can chat i might be able to help all around

Blues hell yes

3. If you play sitting low, the Eminence may work for you. The body is so small and the pin is so long that it sits very low with the pin fully retracted.

4. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    I sit with my NS low enough that I can use a chair and play it in a cello position just fine. Shouldn't have a problem with doing that at all.