1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NS.. want vs need vs....

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by mp40smg, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Ludwig

Ludwig

Aug 17, 2006
    Germany
    Neck heel =bass thumb stop about € 80.-, extremely high price for that small piece of wood.
    Bass endpin stand about € 160.-, same complaint.
    Using a NS design bass without the costly adds / replacements has nothing to do with playing a double bass.

2. jharms80439

jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Yep, NS is proud of their products. Frankly none are “needed”. But IF you want a NS, and IF you want the NS to be closer to playing an acoustic upright, the neck heel and endpin are welcome additions.

Brass Brad Nail = ~$.02 (or less if you have one in your garage)

To your point, my tripod stand did me well for a couple of years, and the OP could stay there too - MANY do, but I personally missed being able to move with the bass like I do with my own acoustic upright.

Again YMMV. Of course this is IMHO only.

John

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021