Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Number of Posts to Show Per Page" option

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MJ5150, Feb 22, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I just noticed when I came to TB tonight that my posts per page option is not working properly. I have my choice set to 40 posts per page in my options.

When I click on a forum, it will show me the thread titles as if the 40 posts per page is selected. A thread with 65 replies will show to me as two pages, a thread with 10 replies will show up as one page, etc. When I click on the thread itself, it breaks up the thread into 10 posts per page. I can switch to a different method of viewing the thread, and then back to linear to get it to display the 40 posts per page option I selected, but when I go on to another thread, it goes back to 10 posts per page.

I've tried deleting my cookies, deleting my temp internet files, refreshing the page, logging out and then back in again. Nothing is working.

-Mike

2. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cupertino, California
    I'm having pretty much the same issue. I have mine set to show 40 posts per page, and the threads show up with the correct number of pages/posts, but when I actually enter the thread to any particular page, I'm seeing 10 posts per page, and I've been directed to, say, page 2, which shows posts 11-20 instead of 41-80 as I expected.

I've tried the same things as you have and have had no luck.

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Fixed. I was experimenting with a SEO hack (search-engine-optimization hack) that puts the thread title up in the URL, but it looks like it broke the user pref for posts-per-page. I may try again, but for now the issue is fixed. Thanks -

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    ...and yet another reason why TB is a great place. Thank you Paul, you rock!

-Mike

5. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cupertino, California
    I noticed the different URLs as I surfed - that'd be a pretty good plan if you can get it to work.

Thanks for fixing us up!