Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NYC AT&T Wireless Users....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aram, May 14, 2004.

1. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Which cell phone gets the best reception in NYC? I'm stuck with AT&T for a while, and my phone (Siemans S46) is on its last leg. This phone has both TDMA and GSM, but they don't make any more like this, so I'm probably stuck with GSM.

Any suggestions? The only feature I care about in a cell phone is reception. Any help would be appreciated.

-Aram

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    my nokia works up there

3. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Thanks NJL -- which model?

4. Permit me to stick my nose in here. :D

I recently bought a Nokia 3589i, which goes for about $80 - nothing fancy, but the reception is very good. I also took Verizon wireless service because many people told me it was the best. A woman I work with said that there are times when she can't make a call (she has AT&T) but the people with Verizon can; example: on the Long Island Railroad, and inside certain buildings. Verizon also pushes the fact that their service works in all four NYC auto tunnels. (Holland, Lincoln, Battery and Midtown)

It works, and that's all I care about.

Good luck.

Mike

5. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Hey Mike -- you're totally right, Verizon's the way to go in the Northeast, but I'm stuck with AT&T at least until January (I think)...

I do have a pretty sick plan to though...1000 minutes (plus night/wknd) for $39, so if I can find a good phone i'll be in business.

BTW, I just got my BB1500a back from some modifications (finally) -- I'll start a thread when I can get some pics of it.

6. In new york city there are spots where each brand has a weak point, i saw this one like cbs news or something a few months ago. i think verizon is the best overall tho