Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NYC-based TB'ers playing May 10 - 22?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by FidgetStone, May 3, 2004.

1. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    I'll be in Manhattan for new-hire training between May 10 & 22 and would love to come out and listen to some of you guys play while I'm in town.

Post any near-by gigs you have lined up during that time and I'll do my best to make it to one or more shows.

I'd like to come by and drop a big "Howdy Partner" on you from deep in the heart of Texas . . . Jim Watkins :cool:

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I'll be at a place in Brooklyn on Monday, the 17th. It'll be Helio Alves on piano and Marcello Pellitteri on drums, and I'm hoping to have Lage Lund on guitar. You can get address and the like at my web site: http://home.nyc.rr.com/rparker22/

Plans are right now to have an organ trio playing before us and moving the start time to 10pm from its current 8:30, but nothing in stone yet.

It'd be great to see all the NYC area TB'ers there. Maybe we can set up a meet?

3. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Very cool. I hope I can make it. How far is Brooklyn from Penn Station?

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    By cab it's about 1/2 hr (NYC traffic) and about $15. By train, I'd say that it's about the same or 20 minutes longer and $2.

It's be great to see you out!