1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OBP 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MadMark5, Jul 17, 2007.

1. hey folks, I'm changing out my Bart MK pre in my cort B5 for an OBP, just not sure which one to go with. right now I'm leaning toward the 1, but I wanted to get some input before I pull the trigger.
    for the record, I'm leaving the bart MK p/u's in for now. I'm gonna try a preamp change first, then do the p/u's if needed.
    thanks in advance....

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

don't even know the difference but seems the OBP-2 is boost/cut not just boost.

I've only had the OBP1 and 3. Lots of guys rav about the 1. The one I had was in with an SD hotP/Jstack which had a hum - which shouldn't have been cause they're both HB's. I took the pre out to isolate the source and I couldn't tell any difference at all in the sound - including the hum. Transparent the OBP1 was but that's not something I value in a preamp - so I sold it. The OBP3 was similar but there was a distingusihable difference in tone.

So if you want to change the sound as opposed to enhance control over the sound that already exists - you may want to go with something outboard like a Sans/whatever.