1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OBP-2 Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by derekcbass, May 8, 2015.

1. derekcbass

derekcbass Supporting Member

May 2, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I just installed an OBP-2 into my Atelier Z. I added a passive tone, but what I really wanted was a push/pull volume to go to passive mode. I tried to combine 2 wiring schematics, but gave up and just wired without the switch. I'm sure it is really simple, but I can't figure it out. Help?

2. derekcbass

May 2, 2011
    Wisconsin
    It does, sorry I didn't specify. I am trying to do Volume (Push/Pull)-Blend-Passive Tone. I'm just not quite sure of the wiring for it. I get the bypass switch, just not how the tone pot works into this. I want the tone pot to work in both active and passive.

3. The tone control simply goes to the connection between the blend and volume pots.

4. derekcbass

May 2, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Ohhhh. I just looked at a different Aguilar diagram and I get it now. Thanks for your help!

5. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I've got an OBP-2 en route for an Epiphone EB3. It has a 3way switch for pickup selection.
    I'd like to be able to have PASSIVE TONE and BYPASS, so I can get tone in the passive mode.
    The controls would be: VOL-PTC-BASS-TREB-3-WAY.
    Would this be the correct wiring for such a thing?

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 5.33.22 PM.

6. The volume pot is backwards. Swap the second and third terminals.

rojo412 likes this.
  7. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Thanks! I will do that.