1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Octaver/pitch shifter with character.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by necropain, Apr 1, 2013.

1. necropain

necropain

Aug 21, 2012
    so heres what i am looking for NOT A POG

no honestly im looking for either a pitch shifter or octaver that can do

octave above

2 octave above

octave bellow

2 octave bellow

thats all i really want now normally i would agree with you all when you are going to say get a hog/pog/pog2 is that even though i love EHX i don't really like how the hog/pog/pog2 sound. to me they sound a bit too, i wanna say digital but really they just sound like they have no character to me

so anywho here is what i have been looking at

Boss Pitch shifters
    have not seen a demo of it but i just remembered their existence so gimme opinions on it

Mooer audio Pure octave
    I love how this sounds and this might be the one for me but gimme your opinions on

Mooer Audio Pitch Box
    i like the demos i have heard. opinions are welcome

behringer pitch shifter
    i use some behringer pedals but this seems abit sketchy to me

so i have a holy stain and as i have said in my review of it the pitch shift sucks but the rest of the pedal was to me worth the price

so anywho please mention any other pitch shifters that you think are good

NOTE PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING
    as said before i don't like the pog/hog/pog2/micro pog their sound lacks character to my ears

next my last guitarist owned a whammy wah and it was kinda cool but he sold it and bought a digitech whammy 5 to which when he let me play with it a bit i did not like it i also do not enjoy the sound of my current guitarists morpheus dive bomb it and the whammy to me also lack character to my ear.

so yeah pitch shifter with character

2. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    If you aren't a fan of the pig type sound, you won't like the pure octave- same sort of sound

3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    The Eventide Pitchfactor will clearly do this, but you might not like the sound of that either.

The EHX stuff is pretty top-of-the-line. There aren't really many octavers that will do something other than one or two octaves down that are analog and have the natural tone you're talking about.

4. liveburning274

liveburning274 Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    The Boss OC-2 is a great octave/-2 octave down pedal. More synthy in character, but I have loved it for that reason. That it doesn't sound like a sterile octave. I think you find the field is pretty limited on octave up options, so be prepared to not have too many more ideas presented. :/

5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Have you ever looked into the Foxrox Octron? Ive heard great things about it but Im not sure if it will do what you want it to do. I also agree with liveburning, ots going to be hard with the list of demands you have IMO. The OC2 is great, they just dont make it anymore. I think you could get it used failty cheap though. My advice, try try and try some more. Ive tried quite a few octave pedals and Ive listened to hype and Ive tried things I never heard of, and since have forgotten about, and wasnt happy until I just found one that fit me. I have a POG and I do like it. Love it sometimes. But I will still continue to look for an octave pedal becasue I always feel there is something more "my style" waiting for me out there. Just keep trying different ones until you find it. Good luck!

6. Take a look at the EarthQuaker Devices Organizer.

7. I forgot the Organizer doesn't have individual controls for the 2nd octave up or down.

8. tonester

tonester

Jun 1, 2009
    chicago il
    commercial user
    im using the eventide harmonizer pitch shifter.in my opinion hands down the best,but expensive!

9. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    I have a Boss PS-6 which is cool, I use a Whmmy V as well and it's as a good as it gets imo.

10. Infanem Second Voice or other related Infanem effects? Not sure about the tone, I don't own one, but seems to be a very well-respected top-of-the-line pitch shift family or products.

The Mooer Pitch Box looks great in terms of form factor and price.

11. necropain

necropain

Aug 21, 2012
    what are your guys thoughts on the mooer pure octave from some of the sound demos i have heard this could be the one for me

also i love the infanem second voice but its not what im looking for at the moment rest assured it is now officially on my list of pedals to one day get....GAS!!!!!