1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ODB3 vs Zoom B2 ODB3 track

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by theunknowndude, Apr 9, 2009.

1. theunknowndude

theunknowndude Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    Hi,..

just a quick question,...

does the A02 setting on the zoom B2 sound anything like the ODB3 in real life?

I usually only use my pedal board but last night experimented with using that patch and the drum demo's on the B2 and quite liked the way that you could get the strings to scream a bit when slapping,... thing is cos I would only use my pedal board with my band is the patch in anyway similar to the actual stomp box? I realise its a bad distortion sound but the song in which im playing is overly distorted guitars and needs to cut through a bit :)

2. theunknowndude

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    hmmm anyone???

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. If you like the sound you got, rock it. Been a while since I heard an ODB-3, but it's in the ballpark IMHO.

4. theunknowndude

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    cool, yeah good point there Jimmy...

I'm going through a pedal whore stage again :meh:, keep doing a love hate to all my dirt pedals but don't want to shell out on an ODB3 to find out I've been fooled and have another pedal I put in a bag and never use! so many effects and tones, so little time and monies :( hehe

5. It's sorta semi close but I still have an ODB3 on the board anyway.
    Like Jimmy said if you like the sound then rock with it!

6. if it has wicked harsh high end, it might be close

7. theunknowndude

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    yeah it sounds very mid/high with a touch of kind of sterile bass in there,... just good for a part where I want to 'scream' with some string bending underneath guitars... just didnt want to lay down money on the odb3 if it was nothing close cos the B2 stays as a practice unit cos theres no room on the pedal board for it :D