1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OH NO! NOT CREED! ANYTHING BUT CREED!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by WickedPissah, Apr 28, 2009.

1. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
  2. Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    On a related note, the worst nightmare I ever had was one where the only music that existed was Nickelback.

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    I think this is good news - hear me out.

See, when they broke up the first time, they formed two separate bands. Now that they are back together, all of the suck will be centered in one location and therefore much easier to track and thus avoid. On the downside, I'm guessing they'll get more radio airplay than their separate bands did. Sucks for those of you that still listen to the radio.

5. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Yeah, I have to play this suckness.

6. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Why does Creed have so many haters? They have some good songs IMO. I wonder if Stapp keep his mouth shut would less people hate them. I'm not saying I am fan. Just always wondered why they are so hated. They are not the first pop rock group. Why doesn't Bon Jovi get as much scratch? Is it the music or the personalties? Same with Nickelback.

7. Up here, you either love Nickelback or hate them with a passion. There is no in between.

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'm getting a vague idea that the O.P. doesn't like Creed. :rolleyes:

9. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Creed has some good tunes. Alter Bridge CD's are freakin' amazing, too. Lots of good guitar playing by Tremonti on all of that stuff.

Alter Bridge are supposed to be releasing a new CD in the next year, too.

10. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    maybe a little.

11. The only thing I had against them was that their whole albums sounded like one long song. Not a lot of variation there.

12. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    And the drummer needs to do a little something else with his hi-hat.

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    In other news:

14. Wear it on his head maybe? :)

15. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Not really. I'm a casual Nickelback listener, my band even covered a few of their tunes. I don't go out and buy their albums, I'm not in love with them but I also don't go on message boards and let the world know how much they suck so I don't hate them either.

16. I'm prepared to admit that Brian Marshall was in fact one of my first influences as a bassist... There... I said it... ;)

17. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Stapp is the main reason. That and all their friggin' songs are exactly the same. Learn one and you know 'em all. Marc Tremonti is one of the most unimaginative guiturds ever !!