Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OK on it's side?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by timibud, Sep 15, 2004.

1. timibud

timibud

Aug 29, 2004
    Colorado
    Howdy! Here's a silly question, but I'll ask anyways. I have a solid state Peavey powered enclosure. It's a 2x10 that I need to put verticle if I'm to use it at a certain gig. I reckon it's solid-state & an old Peavey, why not? I opened it up & everything feels tightly secured. Any reason it's likely to up & s**t the bed? :eek:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    nope, you can put that heavy lil guy upside down and you'd be fine
    i havent seen one of those in ages - man were they HEAVY :p

3. timibud

timibud

Aug 29, 2004
    Colorado
    You got that right! It lost some weight when I pulled the Scorpions out for Emin. BP-102's, but a nut buster none the less! Those Scorps. have HUGE magnets! :)

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    It might look funny but it will sound better that way. Any audio engineer worth his salt knows that speakers should always be stacked vertically, never horizontally, but manufacturers are more attuned to having things look good than sound good.

5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i actually had one for a while
    for a long time i had one of the mark 4 heads (with the same power section and giant heat sink as your 210) and the deep version of the 2x15 with black widows - now THOSE had huge magnets
    you know you're a man when you carry your 2x15 up the stairs by yourself after a gig :cool: