1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ok..super basic question. Rack Screws?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rokkitt, Aug 4, 2012.

1. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    hello TB...

guitar center is closed now, and I need rack screws for my 19 inch rack mountable equipment.

what size are these screws?

I have just gotten a Gator 6 space case for 30 bucks...( busted up a little but it works)

so, what size screws do I go and get at Home depot? they are open till 10pm!

thanks

rokkittBass

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    10/32 X 3/4" pan head

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Sounds about right to me.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Remember you'll need some plastic washers to protect the units front panels.

5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... or, just pull a clip and take that with you if in doubt ... :)

6. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007

Parts Express sells them and any good music store should, too.

7. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Sounds right to me, too...

- georgestrings

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I had to use slightly longer rack screws for the top L & R holes on my LH1000. For some reason, the plate is beefier on the top. Just went to a hardware store with a rack-bolt from my SKB case.

Hardware stores come in handy for stuff like that.

9. jkleban

jkleban

Jul 26, 2011
    Amazing... I had a whole container full of rack screws and I lost it.... but I need some more so I just bought them on EBAY for $4 delivered... like 25 screws and washers.

I just have to wait for them to arrive.

Raxxess Phillips Head Rack Screws with Washers 25-Pack

10/32 x 3/4" black oxide, Phillips truss-head screws with #10 nylon washers to prevent scratching equipment.

Jim

10. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    thanks and btw....the gk 700rbII kicked some major ass tonight at rehearsal...very very cool sound for the 80's hair band I am in....

so, ya, the screws I actually got were 1/2 inch, but that is all they had, and they worked just the same.

so glad I have a nice amp, 6 space rack case, and a power conditioner again! just need a 15 inch speaker for the bottom bottom end....hmmmm

GAS is so much fun....isnt it!?

yes, I am not only a member, but the president of the "more equipment than talent" club

big al aka rokkittBass

11. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    oops I got brass washers....guess I gotta get some plastic ones. thanks for all the assists!

12. Guitar Center?
    Wow, I would never have thought to go there for hardware. I too needed rack screws recently and the first thought in my head was Hardware store, you know; screws, nuts, bolts etc. I pulled an existing screw and washer from the rack and took it to the hardware store. They matched them up perfectly, even the same color - Black...and petty darn cheap as I recall, I got a bag full for a few bucks.