1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old Rocker/computer geek

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Alec Fraser, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Alec Fraser

Alec Fraser

Aug 14, 2007
    Toronto
    Howdy folks, I was told to not be shy and post an introduction for the bass player that is me, so here goes!
    I`m 51 and have been playing bass since 1969 . I started out on guitar before that but switched one day when our one fingered bass player quit ( I owe it all to Weiner )

For the last six years I have been playing electric bass with the Jeff Healey Band ( Fender P bass with an Ampeg SVT ) as well as upright bass with my new acoustic band Brokenjoe.

I`ve also been the co- owner/producer of a recording studio named Liquid Toronto. At Liquid I would only record roots bands that could do the "live off the floor" thing. By the way this ain`t an AD to get work, I closed the place last year when my wife got ill and I needed my days to look after her. I did however manage to crank out 300 records in them years and after sometime off, I`m back part-time recording again for the Blues label Electro-fi records as well as the occasional singer songwriter and mixing at home.

I found Talkbass through Rockabillybass.com where I sent this video of a contraption I made that allows one to play bass and a drum beat at the same time with a snare brush through the fingers. There is now a second video on youtube explaining how to make one. All for FREE!

Anyway enough about me. I`ll post the brushbass thing, read some posts and learn a thing or two. Cheers.......Alec

2. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Welcome, Alec.

Jeff Healey is amazing. Sweet gig!

3. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Welcome to Talkbass, but I will warn you that it is addictive :) Jeff Healey? Sweet...Were you in Roadhouse ;)

4. Alec Fraser

Alec Fraser

Aug 14, 2007
    Toronto
    Plenty of Roadhouses but not that one. Have known him a long time but have only been playing with Jeff for six years. Thanks for the welcome lads...........Alec