Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP Bridge Upgrade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wownirvana, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Well I'm getting an OLP next week and I'm going to upgrade it with better electronics (I got a stingray preamp, and am getting a Seymour Duncan pickup) and I want to upgrade the hardware but I'm not sure about the bridge. I'm putting Schaller tuners on it and I was looking at either a Gotoh 206 or Schaller 463 bridge but I'm not positive they would fit. So does anybody know if either of these would fit? If they don't does anybody know where I can get a different bridge that would fit? It would also really help me out if somebody could give me the measurments off of their OLP bridge, that way I could look at different bridge's dimensions to get an idea of what might fit. Thanks a lot~Josh

2. I'm guessing no one ever responded to this one?

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Probably a good bet! I wonder if this is the oldest thread on TB. I also wonder how his modding project turned out.

4. I wonder if that fellow even still owns that OLP :)

Still, I'd be interested in knowing what he went with. I have a project OLP that I am contemplating the bridge on. The stock bridge kind of looks like a cheap stamped metal number, and genuine EBMM bridges are hard to come by.

I'm thinking a G&L bridge might do nicely.