Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OMG Calling all Ashdown Freaks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jan 18, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Tecx's just found this http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=144 I completely missed it.

I'm thinking this would be brilliant if it's cheap. Wow never though't I'd find an ashdown rig smaller than some abm mini's.

So come on guys how funky would this look. :D

My god another reason I love ashdown.

P.S. I do not work for Ashdown they won't have me they say me drooling on the amps shorts them out. :p

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I NEED IT!!! BAD!!!

Alex

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I've just had images of running two of them in stereo with my ric. Will the gas never end.

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I was just telling Tay, the reason i love it so much is because it rmenids me of boutique guitar amps... I LOVE boutique guitar amps, and the fact that there is no boutique bass amps pisses me off...

Well boutique bass amps that I want that is, ie. low watt, retro style, tubes - MOJO!

I don't play in bands anymore, and my gigs are usualy small galleries... 65 watts will do me fine!!! This one may just be the one I am looking for...

But... Does anyone why what I mean about boutique bass amps?.. Like guitar players have Badcat, Fargen, Bogner, THD... Know what I mean?..

Alex

6. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    uaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuu
    tomorrow i must call music shop to hear the price.
    that looks better than mag 300 2x10" combo

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ill need to hear how loud 65 watts through 2x10 is before im convinced :)

Looks good for a start tho.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  9. Ummm... I don't get it. :confused:

If a feature-free chinese-built 'Five fifteen' is at least £150, this is surely going to be a fair bit more.

65w through 2 x 10's? What would you use that for? It's a toy.. :bag:

10. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
  11. Don't forget about the legendary Matchless Thunderchief.

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Ok well I play with acoustic guitars and flutes and they are totally unamplified, I've been after a high quality practice and small performance amp for this sort of work and this is perfect. Infact I'd only take one cab with me. See some peopl need different things. Some people need 1000w Monster rigs and some people need 65 w. Yeah I could take my 320w ashdown to play with acoustics but the flute players complain it makes there flutes vibrate against there teeth and they feel like there going to explode every time I hit a low note.

Oh and guys how cool would this rig look with an ashbury

13. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    att. James:

At the first look many of thoughs don't meet what I am looking for... I really mean low watt, and a head cab combo or just a combo... The Mattamps are fu*king cool! The GD Bassic Tube 70 Combo looks killer, and the alessandro - although way out of my price range look SWEET.

cheers

Alex

14. "I've been after a high quality practice and small performance amp for this sort of work and this is perfect."

We'll see.. I reckon it'll be an expensive sheep in wolf's clothing.. :p

15. That is seriously cool! Sort of bass equivalent of those Marshall mini-stacks. GAS is, once again, lifting it´s ugly head...

Well, there are a lot of ~60W combos on the market, so people do buy those "toys". Obviously they are mostly intented for practising at home, but they do have their uses at certain gig situations too. I think a combo (or mini-stack) of that size makes a lot more sense than those 15W soapboxes that are completely useless outside the bedroom.

And hey, if I have to have an amp in my living room, I would want it to look cool. And nothing beats that Ashdown stack in coolness factor! I´d be ready to pay some extra for the appearance alone, so I´ll be anxious to know how much it will go for.

16. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Need to email Ashdown when I get in today. I want one loads now.

17. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    i called music shop and they dont know the price but they order it so soon i can try it in the shop with my OLP with Basslines in it.

18. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I just got the e-mail:​

$269.95 US

:eek:

Alex

19. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    That is neat.

I don't why, but my first thought was of Stonehenge on the Spinal Tap movie. Looks huge in the picture, and then they deliver it.

"mine goes to leven"