OMG!!!! G.A.S. strikes again (Sadowsky)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JimS, Oct 8, 2004.

1. :help: This is the first transparent black figured maple instrument I've seen from Roger and I am drooling all over the place like a village idiot in heat:

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Dayum, somebody pass the tissues please. I think i just messed myself.
  3. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    That sounds just like my wife. :p
  4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    That finish and FB combo is really stunning!
  5. MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Beautiful. What are the knob set up controls on it?
  6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I saw it too, Jim. 3 are enough for now. LOL

7. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Same as most new Sadowskys: volume, blend, passive tone (treble cut), stacked treble/bass boost
  8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, I've always liked the Quilted maple look ever since first seeing it in a Carvin Catalog back in the 80's, but while I liked it, it just never looked like anything I wanted to buy for myself. All that changed when they started doing the darker stains on it. This is one of the nicest (tho I've seen similar that are just as nice by others...) IMO, but I've also seen some SWEET burgandy ones too, it just needs to be dark enough that it doesn't scream "RED BASS"!!!!!!

And it absolutly NEEDS the maple board for contrast. A dark FB would lessen the impact.
  9. BUY IT DOC/JIM! Do it... before me.... :help:
    Really that is one very outstanding looking instrument. Sadowsky's are wonderful. Mine sounds better everytime I play it.
  10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Hey, Lojoie! My red Sad rules!! LOL

11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I just received my Metro Standard 5 yesterday and it's a whole lot of bass guitar. I will be playing it all weekend long and I can't wait to get at it again today. the transperant black is pretty too.
  12. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Translucent black stain... absolutely love that finish (translucent brown, which I've seen referred to as "Tiger's Eye", I think, is right up there, too).

That bass looks amazing.
  13. Sorry bro, you're still a candidate for that puppy. I've got a tigers-eye quilt top Sadowsky nylon due in December so that about fills my quota for now.
  14. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I'll be gigging w/ my '59 Burst MS5 tonight. These basses are sure a lot of fun to play.

15. That thing is totally off the hook...
    It would look perfect with my PJ5. Too bad I can't afford it right now.
  16. picture it with a sapwood/heartwood purpleheart fingerboard a la roscoe. it's pretty sweet as it is, but i'd like a little less contrast between the fingerboard and the finish.

17. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Very Sweet!

I was thinkin down the road in the future getting a Standard 5, transparent might be the way to go.

I am really happy with my Rv5 the more i play it the more i dig it's tone
  18. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea that's a great red, IMO i wouldn't go any lighter/brighter than that tho. There or darker is where red is at for me.
  19. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Daddy Like!! :D