Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MichaelScott, Oct 22, 2004.

1. goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Im not a fan of that look. It looks like someone took a sharpie and colored the pickup poles, knobs, and bridge. it would probably look better without a pick guard
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    What excatly makes it so great? o_O I'd just grab one off the shelf at the local store rather than that one, IMO....

3. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well I agree, its purdy hehe
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Eh i think some of the black looks kinda tacky/fake. Almost as if it was a normal bass and someone just spraypainted over everything. It looks like the color would chip off/scratch easily on most of the things, such as pickup poles and stuff.
  5. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Although I swear against black instruments (personal taste) I have to say that This one is appealing to me. The quality does look cheap but it looks kinda stelthy
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario it. Give me money so I can get that bass!

By the by, what does that selector switch do?
  7. {OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    I like the ebony fingerboard, other than that nothing special.... ( besides I do not like painted necks. :spit: ) As far as the all black metal....electroplating really isnt that expensive...

I would buy it if I had the funds and it was much cheaper. IMO, whoever is selling it is focusing on its "limited edition" status rather than what really matters....

Personally I think that kind of money would be "better" spent going towards a "better" bass. *shrugs* :bag:
  8. MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Switches the p-ups between single coil, series, and parallel.
  9. the black onyx sterlings are really cool. But I'm a Stingray man :bassist:
  10. I think that's the first stringray i've ever liked.
  11. I think that is the coolest bass EB/MM ever built. There was a thread about someone getting one for, I think, 750 dollars. What a deal!