Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

onboard piezo preamp

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by paintandsk8, Dec 14, 2004.

1. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Hey guys, I'm working on building my second Eub and I want to get a little more advanced with the electronics. On my first bass I have the fishman b-100 going straight into my hartke head > nemesis 4 x 10, and it actually sounds pretty good. But i really like the sound when i run it through my friends outboard fishman preamp.

So, for my second eub i would like to have an onboard preamp. Simple is good. I would like just a volume control, or no controls at all & it needs to be able to handle a two piezo set up like the b-100 or the double big twin. I am aware of small outboards like the K&K compact & so forth, but I really want something i can mount internally in a small rear routed control cavity.
    Does anybody know of anything like this that is commercially available?

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    My Azola Bug II has this kind of setup...the pickup element looks to be located inside the bridge, wired to rear-routed electronics on the bass body. Maybe you could contact Steve Azola and ask him this question....

3. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Check with Fishman- I think I remember seeing something like that...

4. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN