1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

One last question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spaz21387, Sep 10, 2008.

1. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Yesterday I was at a friends house and in his basment was a preamp from a combo amp Its from the ampeg ba115hp. I was going to start building a cab soon Im thinking of building a combo amp. Is it possible just to wire it right to the speakers for the cab ill be building soon? I got it for 20$. I think it still works I hooked it up to headphones and it works.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's just the preamp? You must mean the whole amp, otherwise your plan is doomed. Also, building a speaker box is alot more complicated than you may think. Personally, I wouldn't attempt it, but if you do, good luck. There's bound to be info here that'll help you along.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    If it's just the preamp you need a power amp to drive speakers.

4. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    ok maybe its not just the preamp. Its everything including the wiring just no cab or speakers. Im getting cab plans off billfitzmarice.com.

5. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    its the amp assembly.

good luck, i won't lie. it'll be nice if you do succeed.

6. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    It would be great if it worked out. A 2x10 combo that weighs 55 to 60 pounds would be amazing.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think it would be pretty sweet. I just heard a recording of 3 of Bill's cabs and they sounded really nice.

8. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I found that on here too. I was going to use his plans before I heard the sound clips though. Those sound clips sounded great. I wonder what my p bass will sound like through it. Its way easier then building a cab from scratch. It would be a good start for me too.