One Man Band and Strings BS- Drunken Rant Intro

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by xxcody2gunsxx, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. xxcody2gunsxx

xxcody2gunsxx Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Been a member for a year or so ,decided to chime in and if it wasn't for auto spell check Hitler him self couldn't decode what I'm attempting to write .
    Am I the only one who see's this movement so to speak with bass players lately . Covering NOT only the baseline but fills every aspect of the a band . I mean vocals ,bass ,guitar ,drums etc . with just the a bass .
    " Just cause you can doesn't mean you should"I think .
    I have recently browsed Youtube and the section for other "TBers" to publicate their skills and My first thought Is that , are the majority of bass players Hermits these days ? . By that I mean They feel the need to cover every other part of a band with the Bass . and to add to this . 6-7-8 etc . string basses . My opinion *** do you need more then 5 strings for a bass ? beyond that ,drop the bass and pick up a F***ing guitar with a octave pedal to get your kicks with your solos and band fill .
    I think I said enough and will have regrets in the morning but thats my take and HI.

2. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Need a bro-hug?

3. xxcody2gunsxx

xxcody2gunsxx Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2015
    HAHHA . knuckle bump will work

BusyFingers likes this.
  4. Roots work and roots and fives will get you asked back. A sloppy 6, 7 & 8 and stepping on toes and they do not send next month's schedule to you...

BTW about time you joined. Chime in we learn from each other.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021