1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinion please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shoe8-bass, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Shoe8-bass

Shoe8-bass

Mar 4, 2008
    Ok, im lookin for a new electric bass. I have done some research and i come to the choice of 2 guitars by schecter [a company in which i love] its come to the Omen-8 or the Stiletto Elite
    [​IMG]
    this is the Omen-8,
    [​IMG]
    this is the Stiletto Elite.
    I love both guitars, Im leading towards the Omen, but I wanted some of your opinions. I also like how Blasko uses both of my choices which, was an accident and I just realized it.
    and also, where could i get strings for an 8 string bass?:help:

thanks guys,
    shoeler.

2. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    You ever played an eight string bass? If you haven't I would highly advise you play one before buying it. You might not like the way it sounds for a lot of things and there are a lot of techniques that are very much harder to pull off on a eight string bass than a four string.

The're cool, but I don't know if I'd want one as my main/only instrument.

3. +1,000,000

4. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    And, honestly, if you want that 8 string sound, you can get it with an octave-up effect.

5. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Go with the 4 and an octaver. The cost of strings for an 8 are probably going to be a bit expensive and you wont have much brand choice. Many more options for you, in practically every way, with the 4. If you simply must have more than 4 strings, look for a decent 5 or 6 and you'll get added versatility.

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Id go with the Omen, If you have another bass to fall back on.

7. Shoe8-bass

Shoe8-bass

Mar 4, 2008
    ok, thanks guys, i didnt actually think about where to buy strings for an 8.:scowl: