1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

opinions please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaptainDaniels, Apr 16, 2009.

1. I've been playing bass for almost 7 years now and I've had nothing besides a no name 15W and my BA115 since I started. Needless to say, I'm ready to upgrade my amp situation. I came across this on my local craigslist

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/1088425167.html

Does this rig look like it's worth investing in? I've never really played on any hartke rigs before. I'm mostly an ampeg guy but I was looking into a used Neo 4x10 for a little over $300 but then I have to find a head to run through it (probably an ampeg,..maybe B2R, used of course). So I turn to you, fellow TBers, which would you recommend? The Hartke rig or saving some more and going for the Neo4x10 and Ampeg head?

2. I think Hartke stuff is underrated these days, but 200 watts is not a lot of power. That said, I have a little HA-1400 140 watt head that's quite loud for how dinky it it. I also had a Kickback 12 that really moved some air. You might snag the stack, save up for a more muscular head & keep the 200-watter for backup.
    Edit: Just reviewed the price- I'd pay $400 for just the cabs if I was in need of a decent cab or two.

3. True, it's not that much power but it's double what I'm working with now and I just bought a new bass so cash is a little tight at the moment. I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on it and get by until I save up for something else or hold off so I can get a rig I know I'll enjoy. Like I said, I've never played Hartke gear but I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about their stuff. Some love it, some hate it. I've found the general population is in favor of Avatar cabs and Ampeg amps though.

4. What are your *needs?* If you have a gig lined up and need a rig to get it, there you go. If you're just tired of wanking on a lowly 100 watt combo(which I do regularly- no offense :D)then maybe you should wait. Deals pop up left & right these days, & it's not likley to stop soon. :atoz:

5. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Yeah the world is broke and getting broker (if thats a word for getting poorer) Stand by long enough and you'll be able to buy anybody's rig.

6. I actually have a gig tomorrow night that I'm bringing my BA115 to haha. It should make the cut though (hopefully) I might be doing a small tour with my other band this summer though so that's why I'm concerned about stepping up my ampage.