1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange 810 - Eminence DELTA-10A

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peter6toy, Mar 12, 2013.

1. peter6toy

peter6toy

Oct 14, 2005
    Hi,

I have a Orange 8x10 cabinet from the 90's ... Long story short: it was a pair with AD140B custom shop basshead, only like 20 made, before making the first AD200B's (MK1 and MK2), ... And after those the serial-production AD200B's MK3's came out. I bought the pair, but sold the AD140B later because I also have a AD200B MK2 ...

But, the cabinet. It's loaded with 8 EMINENCE Delta 10-A speakers, rated at 350 watts. Don't know why, the website of Eminence says those are not bass-guitar speakers but just "standard american pro speakers" ...

What are these speakers compared to regulare Ampeg 810's? Most weird: in the speakers specs it's always about "vented cabs", but this 810 Orange is a totally closed cabinet. (inside, divided in 2x12's ... sealed!)

All info on these speakers or the specs of the speakers for use on bassguitar are welcome! Reason I ask this, I just bought a vintage SVT and I'm afraid to blow the speakers ...

[​IMG]

(Old picture from like 2004 ... I sold the Ampeg 410HLF, too boomy ... and I also sold the AD140B).

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The Delta 10a tops out at 3.7k so that wouldn't be my first choice for an 810 since I like the 5k Ampeg gives you in their 810. However, they will be fine. Just because Eminence calls them pro audio speakers doesn't mean you can't use them for bass. I have a B-15 with two cabs loaded with Delta 15a's, and they're "pro audio speakers," too, and sound just like the speakers the B-15 originally came with.

3. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Sep 30, 2012
    Eminence Deltas are very cool sounding through guitar and bass heads. Give em a whirl.

4. peter6toy

peter6toy

Oct 14, 2005
    Yeah ... I use this cab for like eight years now. Not on the road, not all yhe time ... Sounds cool, a lot of mid. The cab is build like a 4 x 2x10" ... And inside there is a lot of white 'white fur coat' glued against the wood ...

But, is it strong enough to handle a vintage SVT at 350 watts? Must be, but the guy I bought it from blew several speakers with this SVT ...

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That's 350w PER SPEAKER, not for the whole cab!

6. peter6toy

peter6toy

Oct 14, 2005
    Ow ... Sorry I'm not an expert. What does that mean for the whole cab? 8 x 350???

2behead likes this.
  7. Forrrest

Forrrest

Mar 10, 2013
    yup. your cab is rated 2800watts. your SVT head will not damage it. crank away.

8. ajcxnejx

ajcxnejx

Mar 12, 2013
    Eminence Deltas are very cool sounding through guitar and bass heads.[​IMG]