Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orange, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkfish01, Aug 12, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Can I get the 411 on these amps and cabinets? I've seen a few bands with these beauties, but how exactly do they sound? I'm not really in the market for a new rig, I'm just curious. :hyper:

2. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    All i know is that they are british made, and they no longer make them, or at least i dont think so. I know that they sound fantastic though, or at least for what i like, vintage punk ect. kind of a marshall sound from what i hear, ive seen them on ebay.

-Jake

3. macahan

macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden
    on orange's forum in the "soundclip" thread i've posted a lot of ad200B mk1 customshop-clips. It's actually full songs but hey!..

Edit: i'll link the page directly: sounds here.. Check out the last clips with vocals.. it's quite close to how it sounds when playing in front of it with earplugs..

[​IMG]

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Personally, I've never heard an Orange amp I liked.

5. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hit up J-Raj on here...Think thats how you spell his screen name..

He works for Orange here in ATL and can give you some input..Super cool guy, I'm sure he can help!

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  7. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    The sound is sweet vintage british tube amp goodness. Tone is amazing. Very high quality build. Pretty pricey. I want one very badly. :crying: :eyebrow: :help:

8. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Is that an Orange cab lurking off to the right?

9. macahan

macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden
    yup, it's an orange 4x12 paired with a vox AC50 which our guitarrist use..

10. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Sweet. Can I come over and jam w/ you guys tonight?

11. I've never heard one for bass, but in my friend's band both guitarists use orange amps and I thought they got great tone out of them.

12. macahan

macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden
    sure, but you won't be here until tomorrow.. =P

but here's a pic of more equipment
    [​IMG]

13. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    The first time I saw or heard Orange gear was from Weezer's original bass player. I heard the first album and I was like "Wow, this sounds delightful"..... and then there happened to be a big Orange head in the "Say it Aint So" video. That's one of the many instances that got me to experiment with tube amps for the first time. :)

14. anyone else think its funny how orange amps have the controls the other way around from most, going right to left instead of left to right, nothing wrong with it at all, just something i noticed on the head there