1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange1000 watt lunch box taking power from a guitar combo?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by frankegcbass, Mar 31, 2013.

1. So I recently acquired an orange tb 1000. Long story short, I just played a show with it. My guitar player, next to me on the stage complained that the 1000 watt head was sucking power from his fender combo, making it sound aweful during the show. We were not plugged into the same power. In fact, I always bring my own power supply and use it for my amp and two pedals.
    So could that be possible? His amp sounded like it was cutting out when we were both playing. But did sound ok when he was playing alone. Which makes me think there is a slight chance he is right.
    But there are bass amps with far more wattage than my 1000 watt lunch box. And these company make these things to be played, on stage, with guitar players.
    Can anyone weigh in on this?

2. It's possible, but it just means that the power was crap (low voltage) where you were playing. It should never ever happen.

3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I would think that if the power supplied was insufficient that you both would have shown symptoms.