1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Original Fender Blender VS Reissue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cement Factory, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Cement Factory

Cement Factory

Oct 20, 2010
    Just curious if anyone has messed around with the original Fender Blender pedal they made back in the day? I ask because there is a reissue they have and I've heard it doesn't sound as good as the original. Anyone have any experience with either? Main reason I want to know is I have a thing for original equipment and if there's a big difference I'm going with the original. It's usually quite expensive.:bassist:

2. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Tried both. The reissue is basically the same. Theres 1 or 2 minor mods that I think are up on amz, that show what to do.

While its a great sounding pedal , there are other octavia sounding devices and the bad thing about the blender is it kills low end. Even with the blend control. To get the octavio sound out of it you keep the tone knob down and play above the 7th fret or higher even.