1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orlando

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by newwavefrank, Sep 25, 2017.

1. My wife and I are possibly relocating to the Orlando area. What is the scene like there for cover bands? I am going to visit this week. Any good places to check out bands this Friday?
    Thanks

2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Might be worth asking in the Florida Bassists thread...or check through the recent Hurricane Irma threads to see who lives there and ask them.

Good luck!

3. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I know the Bahama Breeze chain hires bands - reggae/jimmy buffet style. Many locations in FLA and a few just in Orlando. That's a place I seem to migrate to when I'm in the area. Many cocktail-fuelled singalong type evenings.

4. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    @Mantis Tobaggan may have some insight for Orlando. In general, Florida cities have a great bar scene for cover bands. Even in Bradenton we have local bars and occasional outdoor block parties that feature (mostly) cover bands.

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    The only think I know about Orlando is Bass Central. That's the only reason I went through that town.

6. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    I play in a metal band based in Orlando and live in Tampa so I cannot be much help. I heard that cover acts that play at Disney are actually employed by Disney. JimmyM may know more, he is central FL and plays in a cover band.

Duder likes this.