1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ovation cc24 celebrity bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ohnoitsthebass, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ohnoitsthebass

ohnoitsthebass

Sep 6, 2011
    Any one ever play one? I've had a Yamaha so3 keyboard on Craigslist for a while with no luck, some guy wants to trade. I've never played one of these and frankly don't need it, but I figure I could find use for it for a little while and then sell or trade it once it loses its new factor. So is it worth it or are they crap?

2. the wako kid

the wako kid

May 11, 2011
    Denver,CO
    Acoustic bass? I have an ovation celebrity acoustic electric guitar that is really amazing.it's super light and thin,and has incredible resonance. the bodies are like 75% plastic so they are really travel freindly, and can take a beating without damaging the wood,finish etc.my complaint about it is that the back is curved rather than flat sometimes sits at strange angles,especially when standing(like 45 degree angle to the chest).

3. ohnoitsthebass

ohnoitsthebass

Sep 6, 2011
    Yes a bass, with fishman preamp, I've played the guitars. Some I like some I don't. A friend of mine has owned a few. Just never saw or played the bass version.

4. CORBS

CORBS Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I would not do that. You'll be taking a loss, and ABGs are always disappointing.

5. nachobss

nachobss

Nov 9, 2009
    i just owned one yesterday , neck is completely straight and conffortable between jazz and p-bass , but from factory(my point of wiew)i find the bridge, hige, so that hard , letme fix, setting the right kind of strings(some one tellme pleale which ones) it and more than any thing playing it more, congratulations i just play it ones, and even this way i agree whit the wako kid , i`ll wrrite you soon