1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Over done threads.

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Paulabass, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Is there a way on TB to stop following a particular thread. I'm a little sick of 59 alerts about playing with a pick. If the thread won't fizzle by itself, can I put it out of it's mercy on my computer?

2. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Your Account, Alert Preferences. Tons of alerts you can toggle on or off.

Also if you’ve clicked on Watch Thread in a particular thread, toggle it to Unwatch Thread.

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    First post in the thread, maybe first post on every page, should have a watch/unwatch button above it and to the right.

4. Above the first post is that blue line with the post number on the right, above that it says, "Watch Thread" if already are it will say, "Unwatch Thread" click on it.

Enjoy the silence.

5. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    There’s also a submenu tab under the main menu for “Watched Threads”. Edit that as desired.

Some of this stuff might appear differently, depending on what forum view you’ve selected. But it’s there.

6. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Thanks y'all. I guess I should have looked closer.

7. Now that this has been answered by three at the same time, you can now use this information to "Unwatch" this now unnecessary Thread. :thumbsup:

8. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Other examples of overdone threading.

3A6866F9-7682-4129-8AEF-5FDCEFC21B37.

D1570F7F-B009-4E86-BF0D-12DB13E3EE7F.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    bolophonic likes this.
  9. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    What in the world?

OldDog52 likes this.
  10. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Precisely my reaction. What went wrong there??

OldDog52 likes this.
  11. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I thought this would be about lame thread topics that never go away. I can think of a few that people can stop revisiting.

MJ5150 likes this.
  12. I have robot software that autoscans all TalkBass threads in their entirety for many keywords and phrases.. such as "sensible", 'good choice', "wise", 'sane", 'great idea ', "excellent post"....

so far....nothing..

13. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Darn... Was hoping for a thread on pick technique...

14. The whole idea of eyebrow threading seems to me like the answer to a question that NO ONE ever asked. It ranks very high on the list of things that never needed to happen.

OldDog52 likes this.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This is over done too....

pan.

-Mike

16. I know I’m tired of threads about ‘treating a band like a business’ and etc... yep. God forbid someone start another one of those...

17. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    The recent run of flatulence and toilet themed threads makes me want an ignore thread setting so I never have to see that not only did someone start a thread primarily of interest to Jr. High School boys, but other people keep responding to the stupid things, and many (perhaps even all) of them are not in Jr High.

18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I believe (though I'm not sure) is that you only continue to get new alerts to a thread if you re-visit that thread. There are several ongoing threads that I never get notifications for anymore because I never went back to the thread.