Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ozzfest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bloodfairy13, Jul 3, 2004.

1. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    Ozzfest doesn't come to "my" venue until July 22 but I can't go anyway...Is anybody going to get to go???

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I could have gone, but I probably won't. Shame too, since there are some good bands on this year. Both of my brothers get to go, however.

3. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    I wanted to go for the heck of it...Hatebreed is gonna be there and they were on Headbanger's Ball one night...
    my dad was talkin' about Judas Priest being there, I just wanted to go so that I could say that I went to Ozzfest '04... :D

4. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    I wanted to know what all happens there and what bands are going to be there...if there is a website, don't tell me...it's much more fun to have ppl on the internet tell me...:D

5. <-- July 16th PNC Bank in NJ.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Not to Ozzfest, no.

But next weekend is a different festival, yep. Ruisrock is one of the oldest rock festival in Europe, been organized since 1970. The headnames on the bill:

• Motörhead
    • Stray Cats
    • Monster Magnet
    • Turbonegro
    • Nightwish
    • Hawkwind
    • Hanoi Rocks

And of course there are couple of dozen of other performers, like The Rasmus, The Flaming Sideburns and other Finnish rockers.

And of course I'll be leaving in a company of friends :bassist:

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i want to go to ozzfest... i still might. but i didn't want to pay $125 for the best section, and the worst section (on the grass) is $50, and is pretty far from the stages. so i don't know yet, awsome lineup though.

8. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    hmm...decisions, decisions...:D

9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah. if i do go it will most likely be alone. but i love to go to concerts. i just don't want to be out of the hearing range of the stage. that's the good thing about the warped tour, no sections.

10. bloodfairy13

bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    Kentucky
    yup...I know what you mean...

11. I am thinking of going to Ozzfest Sept 4 in West Palm Beach, FL. It starts at 9am but I only want to arrive when the music starts to crank.

Has anybody been to an Ozzfes that can tell me when the bands start to his the stage?

Thanks.

12. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I went to the ozzfest at the end of July. Judas Priest was unreal and Rob Halford didn't miss a note. Black Sabbath was great too and I was suprised at how good Ozzy sounded.

It was a pretty good show and I would definatley urge everyone to check out Lamb of God, they were awesome.

13. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I considered going to O$$fest this year. But then I thought, I really only want to see 20-25% of the bands, and a bottle of water costs $5. I don't want to know what food costs. O$$y can kiss my arse.