1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P bass love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CyberSnyder, Nov 12, 2010.

1. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Screw the search function, I know this comes up every few weeks. I just want to say that I'm feeling some big time P bass love tonight. That is all.

2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    right on brotha!

3. I had one of those moments the other day with mine. Rad.

4. Tusec

Tusec

Jan 10, 2010
    Can't say I disagree -- especially with flats...

5. DBTOYS

DBTOYS

Sep 22, 2009
    Bend Oregon
    + 2 on thatt one

6. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    There were two tonight just asking to be played(one '51 style) but I ended up jamming on a BTB 6 string. Equally awesome but I want a P so bad sometimes...

7. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Oh yeah!

SRB-Halloween2010-1.

'59 with Sadowsky flats = BIG GRIN! :D

8. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I'm playing a '04 American Standard sporting flats. It has the series/parallel switch that usually sucks but I added a Stellartone tone control and a Redeemer preamp. With the S-1 switch and Stellartone, there are some really sweet tones available. Not that the default setting is in any way bad.

9. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me.

Dec 2, 2005
    Edmonton
    I played the 5 string today. I considered selling my L2500 to buy it. I love P's more than I thought.

10. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I have a Squire P-bass. About three weeks ago I took an old set of Fender flats that were set aside and re-strung them on my Squire. All I can say is "OH, YEAH!!"

Does my Squire count?

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I just shoved 2 playing cards under my neck in the neck joint, and my action is RIDICULOUS. I fell in lover all over again.

12. Absolutely! A P is a P is a P. Nothing says "bass" quite like a Precision Bass. A P-Bass says, "Yeah, I'm a badass! No fancy gear for this boy! I come in, lay it down, and get out!". ;)

13. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Tonight, the 50's Classic Precision with TI Jazz Flats....perfect!

14. Tusec

Tusec

Jan 10, 2010
    I sure hope so, cuz mine's a Squier too.

CVPocket1.

CVPickup1.

CVBody4.

CVHeadstock3.

15. bighead4G&L

bighead4G&L Guest

Jun 30, 2007
    Oh, I'm feelin the love! I have an '04 American Series Precision also. Chrome red w/ rosewood and black pickguard. This IS my baby! So warm, so punchy, so friendly...so fine!

16. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Banned

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    Nothing is a P but a P.

I bet that Green Squier would look real nice with a black pearl pickguard.

17. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Aw, man.....that's a sight to behold!!!!

18. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    This is kind of goofy, but I'll play too. :) I had my '57AVRI at band practice the other day, I've already gigged with it, but we don't practice much. My previous American Standard was stolen, and this one I'd bought used, and it still has the old round wounds on it that the previous owner used. I said to the fellas "I know you guys can't tell any difference, but I have to say I am loving the sound of this bass!" The acoustic guitar player/singer said "well, you know, I was actually going to say something after our last gig, I have to agree, that one sounds great." I almost fell over...

It is very growly, I don't know how else to describe it. The tone is all P bass, but there is an edge to the tone that I really like. Maybe it's the ash body (which I have no experience with) or maybe it's the round wound strings, but this thing has BAWLS!

Pics from the seller:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=694253&highlight=

Here's one of me playing at a party back in October.

Attached Files:

19. All I can say is, you lot are easily pleased...

20. Even if that's true (and I don't necessarily agree with that), so what? What pleases us, pleases us. Are you gonna tell us we are wrong for loving Precision basses? How arrogant is that?