1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P bass love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CyberSnyder, Nov 12, 2010.

1. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Fixed it for you.

2. Sifl

Sifl

May 14, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I've been on this simplicity kick lately and what's more simple than a P? Gosh, I love mine!

3. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    A P-Bass sits in the mix 'right' and also sits 'right' on my body...

"Less is more" true in (architecture) 1st stated by Mies van der Rohe & (Basses) 1st implemented by Leo Fender

4. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
  5. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I've been drooling over that exact bass for the last month or so. I'm considering selling my SR4 to get one.

6. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I like them "complicated style" P pup basses. With their active 2-3 band eq's. Etc. And perhaps neck and bridge position P pups. Doesnt need to be quite as overboard as this one. But still tons of P love oozing from it. LMAO. O them simple simple P basses can be wonderful. But still..... Lol.

7. Iroquoi

Iroquoi

Sep 18, 2008
    P-Bass - "Just play it"

8. "And it'll never let you down!"

9. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    3320829722_27fc33d251_b.

78P DD Chromes.

10. I feel it every day man!

[​IMG]

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have an (actual size) set of P pickups tattooed on my forearm. So, yes, I am totally into jazz basses.

12. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I'm a big fan of Jazz basses, but in my power trio, a P bass just works better! I've got a Fernandes P copy and love it. About to upgrade the pickup, bridge, tuners, and pickguard.

13. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
  14. [​IMG]

Plenty of love for my P-Bass! :D

15. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I still remember when I showed up for band rehearsal with my fiesta red Classic '50s P with TI Jazz Flats and a Quarter Pound. We ran down a song, and the whole damn band turned around and said "That's IT!" They actually sent me home to fetch it when I showed up with a fretless Jazz bass at a gig one time.:D

A couple of years after that band broke up, I ran into the drummer at a cafe on Sunday morning where he and his wife were having breakfast. We chatted about his recent move as the girl's basketball coach from one of the local rural school districts to another in the area when he spontaneously said, "I don't usually pay all that much attention to how the bass sounds [!] but that orange bass was special." :rollno:

Now I have four: my Numero Uno is an AV '57 with the requisite TI Jazz Flats; next up is a Classic '51 RI with a Quarter Pound and the TIs; wouldn't ya know, a natural ash with an unlined fretless maple board; and the fiesta red one, which is waiting on its new owner to come up with the cash.

Along the way, I went from an Ampeg B100R to a Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout (that I sold my Les Paul gold top to fund) and life couldn't be better.

Good-bye, all them other basses. Hello, Mr P!:hyper:

16. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Another P-bass lovin' thread? Well, it wouldn't be right if I didn't jump in here and share my love for them, too!

Just picked up a used '02 (to go with my used '94) and now have one with flats and one with rounds. I alternate between them about every half hour, and my favorite one is the one I'm playing at that moment. They're both set up to my liking, and both are downright awesome. A passive pickup and a tone knob...it just works for me.